Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

I did not know I was marrying someone who would want to decorate for Halloween! Here is our front door, all covered in newspapers.



Here is a close up. The poem is by Sir Walter Scott.



We (mostly Joe) also carved this pumpkin. It looks neat when it glows from the inside.



We dressed up and amused ourselves while waiting for trick-or-treaters. Here Joe is pulling an invisible rope.



We had candy, too.


(I am wearing a little of Joe's scary make-up.)

We danced for a while.


(Not really dancing.)

But only four trick-or-treaters came by.

So we ate lots of candy and talked about what what colors we should paint the walls.


(The end.)

2 comments:

Shaharezad said...

What were you supposed to be for Halloween Daina?

Daina said...

I was a vaguely creepy person. But the girl who lives across the street thought I was Mary Poppins!