Saturday, January 31, 2009

Doing less

I've tried to live very prayerfully these last few months, more like the way I've always wanted to live. Even with a flexible schedule, it has been difficult. 

This is partly because I pray very slowly. This is partly because I fall asleep very easily, especially at some of the more standard prayer times -- early morning, late evening -- as well as after lunch. And this is partly because I do too many other things. 

This woman's thoughts about choosing what is best reminded me of these things I already knew. She (and the author she quotes) so perfectly describe my tendency to distract myself with fun and useful things, causing me to miss out on God-time, which is so vital and so much better. 

Ahh. I've been living life for 25 years now, but I'm still not very good at it!

No comments: